Thursday, November 13, 2008

My New Hobby

So this past Sunday, I discovered one of the great hobbies that many people have already mastered....I learned how to crochet! One of my good friends took the time to teach me how to do it, and I have been working on it everyday. It is so addicting. I think it is so relaxing and it is such a great way to take your mind off of things. I am currently working on a scarf-its definitely not perfect, but its coming along.

This weekend I also went hiking in Zion's National Park. It was so beautiful. Some good friends that I went to high school with (at good ol' Box Elder High!) came down and we hiked Angel's Landing. The leaves were all changing colors and the weather was perfect. I think it is defintely the perfect time of year for a nice hike. That night was the hypnotist here at Dixie which was halarious. Everyone on stage was so fun to watch including my brother-it was great! I have never been hypnotized before though, I don't think my mind would allow it to work-I analyze everything too much.

2 comments:

  1. You know what is fun? You never say anyone's names, but I know who you are referring to, so it makes me feel like we're in a little secret group or something. =) Or I could just be feeling silly since it's 1am. Either way, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on learning how to crochet =) I've done a few scarves and even a blanket for my friend's baby. However, I only know how to double crochet and haven't yet mastered the "Granny Square." It's a fun way to pass time on an airplane, by the way, and you'll get lots of people watching you so it's a good conversation starter, too. =)

    ReplyDelete