Wednesday, May 13, 2009

-Injections-

From the day we started our journey on becoming a dental hygienist...we knew the moment would come when we would hear the words, "It is now time for you to practice injections on each other."


In most instances in this program, whenever we practiced a new skill, we were all fairly confident when it came to practicing on each other, or if we weren't confident-there wasn't much we could do to really hurt each other. But when you put needles in the picture...it's a different story.


Don't worry...we were all very prepared from practicing on grapes before we went for human flesh.


Emily ready to inject into the "patient"


Megan preparing the needle!


We all took the grape patient/practice run VERY serious...


Grapes...Humans...same thing


Emily did a WONDERFUL job!


Kayla handling that needle like a champ!

I must say that I am extremely proud of myself and my fellow SDHs....we DID it! We all successfully completed our first three injections of our hygiene career. There were quite a few worried faces, sweaty pits, and shaky hands....but in the end-we are all alive.

4 comments:

  1. BAH!!! I would rather die than be one of those patients. Anywhere but the mouth...and maybe the chah-chee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, I look good.....hahaha! just kidding - WE look gooooood. We are so official.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAMI! Way to go. I am proud of you (as always!), you lived through the dreaded anesthesia day. In a weird way I am jeoulous...wish we were done with that part. I am glad we can journey together on this hygiene path, at least a little bit. What an awesome post about your mom too, I only hope that someday Teagan has a blog entry just like that! I love you and have SOOO much fun on your upcoming trip...lucky girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABDental is Alisha (your beloved older sister) by the way.

    ReplyDelete