Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mom

I realize that it is a few days late, but I would still like to make a tribute to my great Mom. I don't think I could ever fully show how wonderful this mother of mine is, but if you know her...then I don't have to say much because you already know (as much as I do) how extremely talented and amazing this woman is.

I have never met a woman who can take on so much and accomplish everything she sets out for with such perfection.
  • If she is ever asked to plan an event, it is executed above and beyond expectations. Ward parties when we were younger seemed more like a trip into a new world.

  • When mothers put together an activity for their kids to do each week during the summer, she did an activity EVERY day to make sure we were enjoying every moment.

  • Birthday parties done by Mom were the BEST! She would plan everything around a theme of your choice, made whatever dessert that happened to be your favorite, and she came up with new and creative activities/games for each one.

  • I will never forget the many vacations and camping trips that mom would plan for the family. She found ways for even the ride in the ol' suburban to be enjoyable...which can be very challenging with 3 crazy boys and one whiny girl.

  • I don't think I can count the many special trips into Brigham mom would make to pick me up after a practice or from a friends house.

  • Every saturday was filled with soccer games between Nate and I, but there are very few games that I recall her missing...if she did, she made sure we knew she wished she could have been there.

  • She never pressured us into doing anything. She was so good at helping us develop talents in our own specific areas of interest. Whenever we came up with a new hobby, she was supportive from the start.

  • I will forever be grateful for the confidence my mom built in each of us kids. She was always so positive and made sure we knew we were important and loved.

  • She is so fun to talk to. I would come home from being with friends or dates and mom was always willing to stay up/or wake back up and listen to how my night was. Even if she could care less, she sure fooled me.

  • Most of all, I am amazed at the relationship she has kept with each of her children. I love and respect that woman more than I can describe. Even though we have disageements once and awhile, she will always be my very best friend.

So Mom...I hope you know how much I love you! If you ever feel frustrated or down, please remember that to me (and MANY others) you are absolutely incredible. I hope I can grow up and handle motherhood as well as you have. You amaze me:)




Here are just a few pics from Mother's Day: The M-Day's breakfast, the Mother herself, and some "flowers" picked for Mom from the neighbor kids:) Dad did get mom a beautiful boquet of roses too-good job Dad!

2 comments:

  1. aaaahhh....aren't we blessed to have great moms? i love the dandilion bouquet. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I just got to post and say that I can totally agree with everything you said! I mean Hellen was practically my mom for my childhood life!!! She let us cooks up our "tasty treats" in the kitchen even though we were really just wasting stuff and making a mess! She let us play with the camcorder... something not many parents will let their kids do! I remember stopping and getting ice cream shakes when we were going to the cabin or bear lake! Also she she is so fun to talk to whenever I come over for a visit! There are many many more things but I just wanted to add my quick few thoughts!

    ReplyDelete