Saturday, May 2, 2009

-Inspired-

If you know me very well, you know that I am not what most would call "domestic". I would sure like to learn and gain these skills, but so far I haven't been very successful. Well as I was shopping the other day, I came across some of the greatest fabric I've ever seen. I sat for a good ten minutes staring at it until I finally decided that I woud attempt at making myself a little satchell. I've always heard how easy it is, and why not make one with fabric that I love right? While my mother insisted that I spend $2.99 on a pattern, I decided to save that $2.99 and go off of inspiration...which I did. I must admit, I am quite pleased with the end product! There are plenty of flaws, but it has more character thanks to my lack of skills. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to finally have a little bit of free time to actually have a creative/inspired moment like this!
I have been 21 years of age for 12 days now and I couldn't go another day without making a little tribute to my wonderful roommates and friends! This birthday was very wonderful and surprising! I was treated to a pedicure, I had messages and flowers sent througout the day, the hygiene gals treated me with singing and homemade ho-ho's, I enjoyed a delightful coconut cake (or should I call it heaven?) and I had a surprise party thrown for me-which I was NOT expecting at all! It was fabulous. Thank you, THANK YOU, thank you to my great friends and family for the unforgettable 21st birthday!
My Obama birthday card :)



1 comment:

  1. OK miss arts & crafts - where did you come from?! congrats, you're domestic and officially a woman. ok....so maybe you were before - but whatever.

    I'm glad you're enjoying your break. while you've been sewing, i've been snoozing....lots and lots and lots of sleep - its fabulous.

    You're the best. :)

    ReplyDelete